If you’re looking for a long-lasting landscape plan that will bring pop-ups of floral delight year after year, planting with perennials, as well as greenery essentials like shrubs and bushes, will surely to do the trick. Consider these benefits…
- Low maintenance. Perennials require less work on your part over time. They don’t need to be planted every year and you can energy by not having to clear out your flowerbeds or by sowing seeds. Once perennials are established, they also often require less care as their root systems are able to provide needed nutrients.
- Better soil structure. Because perennials stay in the soil for years, their root systems help improve the soil structure. As their roots spread, the soil is aerated and channels are created through which water travels. They are also better able to reach nutrients that are deeper in the soil structure, like nitrogen, and bring them to the surface where other plants can access them.
- While perennials can live for multiple years, they don’t live forever. But many are easy to propagate by dividing the plant’s root systems. This sees sections of the root clump carefully divided then replanted to produce new plants and blooms.
- A timed release. With thoughtful planning, you can stagger the blooming of your garden when you plant perennials. Annuals often bloom at the same time, while perennials bloom from early spring up to the first frost.
- Erosion erasers. Shrubs and bushes play an important role in minimizing erosion as they have deep roots which can help to anchor soil in areas where frequent rain runoff threatens grass or other plantings.
- Shade providers. Place shrubs and bushes strategically as wind blockers, and to provide shaded spots in your garden, and possibly even in your home if they are near windows. This can also help protect plants that don’t enjoy being exposed to direct sunlight.
- Natural boundaries. Want to enjoy some privacy but don’t want to erect a tall fence? Consider shrubs or bushes to create a natural boundary on your property instead. Just be sure to keep them maintained and trimmed so as to be a good neighbor and to enjoy their full beauty.
- Attract wildlife. Flowering bushes and shrubs can call attention to deer, birds, butterflies, and pollinators like bees, which are essential to our food supply.
Another bonus? Attractive landscaping can increase your home’s value by thousands of dollars. So not only is it beautiful for you to enjoy, it can bring a great bang for your buck in the future. Ready to get started? Call the New Castle team at 610-796-7818 or visit www.newcastle94.com! We’d love to help!